Monday, October 03, 2005

Movie Star Considerations

OK, so perhaps "movie star" is taking it a bit too far -- but I filmed my first two scenes for the film being produced right here in Sandpoint (Famous film guy comes into town, holds auditions for any local talent, works super low budget to re-create "Laugh In"-like comedy vignettes...) The process was entertaining in and of itself. The scenes we shot were of the "Fix-It Wife and her "I'd rather be at the bar" husband" and the "Jewish (but don't say this out loud) Mother and her "I have finally found the girl I want to marry" son". Shannon was a superstar and helped me rehearse my lines over and over again -- unfortunately, I cannot say this was true of Joe, my scene husband, who seemed a bit overwhelmed by the lines (perhaps he'd already had a few drinks that morning?). We ended up needing to shoot 18(!) takes of the Fix-It Wife scene -- of which my favorite line is "Heellllloooo! Do you see Betty Crocker written across my forehead? I don't think so!"

In the next scene we shoot, I will be a school principal -- go figure, a wife, a mother, a principal...I guess that is why they call this "acting!"

The film should be edited and ready by spring 2006 and will play at our local film house, The Panida Theater. I am sure there are tickets left, but you may want to buy early... ;-)

No comments: