Thursday, August 10, 2006

Henry's Week Three Update

Well, I have my moms right where I want 'em...they are smitten with me! Even at 3am, when they have not slept in days and I am up fussing away, one is quite likely to wake the other just to say, "Honey, wake up, look how adorable Henry is right now!" They just can't get enough of me!

I am growing fast -- no surprise since I eat all the time! My once-was-loose skin on my arms and legs has all but filled out and I am definitely more heft to lift in and out of the cradle. Momma Di is going to take me in for a weight check today -- I am guessing I will weigh well over 8.5 lbs... My hair is thinning a bit up top, but still growning longer in the back...perhaps I am destined for a mullet in my first months of life!

Moms have been keeping me busy! We have been on the road a lot -- down to Spokane to meet the cousins, up to Priest Lake to experience my first pontoon boat adventure, back to Spokane to be oogled by really nice ladies at a "Meet the Baby" shower at which I was the guest of honor! I mean, really, all I had to do was show up in this world, and so many fabulous people already love me and have been giving me such amazing gifts...how fortunate am I???

Soon we will also get to go to Seattle! Plans are underway and I am delightedly excited to meet all of moms' friends over yonder. They talk with them on the phone a lot and I can tell they miss having their friends close by -- but we'll get about 10 days there and this will be great!

I enjoyed my first concert last Friday at the Sandpoint Festival. Grandpa Buddy was with us and we saw Tanya Tucker! While the music was fine...the outdoor venue, the yummy picnic and community feel was fabulous! I do believe I am going to like growing up in this town! And oh by the way...did you know Tanya Tucker sang "Delta Dawn" well before Helen Reddy made it so popular? Early musicology lessons! This week the concert series continues with Nickle Creek, David Grey, Susan Tedeschi, Etta James and a Pops concert. The fun never stops!

I have learned some great new tricks in my first few weeks as well:

1. When placed on my stomach for what moms call "tummy time," I can easily flip myself over onto my back. The pediatrician was a bit aghast at this one, having only seen this kind of move in a 4+ month old before. So I'm a bit precocious...tell me something I don't already know...

2. No matter the time of day, just make a loud squawk and a fresh boob comes rushing to my lips...it's a pretty good gig, I tell you!

3. I can stop a whole training class dead in its tracks with one big blow out gassy poop! Yep, I tried it yesterday when moms took me to watch an interviewing skills workshop and it worked like a charm! My moms were so proud!

So, this is what is going on this week! Life is good!

1 comment:

moropo said...

I love every tastey morsel of your life story. Thanks for keeping me/us up to date. Now, where are the pictures ... I haven't seen you for about 3 weeks now and I'm SURE you've changed. More photos, please!
Love, Aunti Lissa