Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"...these are a few of my favorite things..."

Today's list of things I wish to share with others:

1. The free weekly podcast of "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" from NPR (has turned my day around on many occaisions!)
2. Sun Magazine - http://www.thesunmagazine.org/ -- real voices, real people
3. Emotional Intelligence -- "more important than IQ in determining success..." Would we all were focused on these native intelligences a bit more...
4. Facebook -- I know, I know...wierd for me to say...but I was converted this fall and I have had some really interesting connections with old friends rekindled...kinda neat!
5. Rouge Brutal Bitter. My accupuncturist says stay away from beer...but this one is a family favorite!
6. A clean house. May the external environment reflect the way I wish my internal landscape to be...calmer, more congruent, organized, peaceful (try that with a toddler running around!)
7. Sun in the winter air just after fresh snow. Enough said.
8. Morning cuddles in flannel sheets -- there are studies which show our hearts entrain with others when in proximity -- I feel this when our family spends the morning cuddling together.
9. Words -- I have a few friends in particular (like Cass) who use words in ways that inspire me -- curious, creative, surprising.
10. Friendship -- how it carries on through the years, transcends distances, offers new insights, provides support, encourages growth, inspires us.

No comments: