Monday, August 06, 2007

Tri Considerations







Triathlons test both endurance and a willingness to just “go for it.” Despite not training since Henry’s birth, I decided to test my muster and see how much I “own” my body these days…alas, things look good. I completed the Dover Bay sprint triathlon in 1 hour, 34 minutes – and though the swim looked awfully daunting at the swim start, the water was a comfortable temperature and an alternating crawl and breast stroke brought me steadily into shore. The rest of the course ran out onto Hwy 2 toward Priest River and then circled back into the new Dover Bay development. The crowd was supportive, the sunshine bright and I had a gaggle of wonderful women to send me off (Shannon, Cass & Lynn!) and a sweet gaggle to cheer me across the finish line (Shannon, Marilyn and Henry!). I recommend taking your body to its limits every once in awhile…it really helps anchor the connection between movement, muscle, bone and skin. I have a welcome calm in my core today.

1 comment:

seacat said...

You are a goddess! I love these shots!