Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Surprise, Surprise

So this morning I had the luxury of free time (both kids in daycare) and I decided to enjoy the last few days before winter sets in to these northern lands (yes, there was snow aplenty on the mountain this morning!). So off I trekked 3.5 miles up to the top of Mickinick, a wonderful hike overlooking Sandpoint, and just as I rounded the bend up top, I came face to face with a huge bull moose! Funny, I had been singing aloud during the hike in the possible anticipation of seeing a bear -- but for some reason I was totally unprepared to see a moose! Rustling in the trees close by indicated more moose friends were about, so I turned quickly for my trip down the trail.
Lesson: You can prepare for many possibilities, even strategize for them, but surprises will still be waiting around the corner. This is life for ya...
Final Thought: This moose encounter, combined with the fact that I held a special needs child this morning and put gas in my car (crude oil experience?) should position me well to run for vice president in a future election, dontcha think?

No comments: